Forum Home Forum Home > Moped2.org Forums > Moped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuzuki FA50 poor acceleration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
petedoppler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petedoppler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suzuki FA50 poor acceleration
    Posted: July/08/2010 at 11:55am
Hi guys. I got an old FA50 a couple of years back and I tore the thing apart and built it up again with new piston, piston ring and filters. Gave the carb a good cleaning too.

I haven't run the thing properly for almost a year so i decided it was time to get it going again. I tried the other day to start it but after much frustration, I found a blockage in the primary fuel line. After getting rid of that, the bike started but now it dies after about 10 seconds of idling in an up right position. After adjusting the idle and mixture screws to how they ought to be, the same problem persisted but I found that if I started it and then moved the bike side to side, it would continue idling but after returning it to a stationery upright position, it would soon drop off.

I took the carb apart and gave it a good cleaning and gave all the jets and ports a good spray of carb cleaner and compressed air. Now, after reassembling the thing, it dies in any position i.e. upright or leaned at any angle to the side.

The fuel lines are 100% clean, so is the carb and there are no blockages in the carb so, to me, it sounds like over or under fueling. Any idea's please guys?
Sponsored Links

robtmathias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robtmathias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2010 at 3:50am
Cool! How are you going about the hydrogen conversion? I am in the process of engineering a new gas electric hybrid moped for manufacture, and we discussed briefly looking into hydrogen, I would LOVE to speak with you if you are ever available, our hybrid brain is under development conceptually and it would be cool to know what you are doing in the way of hydrogen! :D (561) 222 5310 !
My site is motorized bicycle customizations :D
Madmasterm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madmasterm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2010 at 8:26am
Nice thread. Brought me to this Site. TY. Had one of these when I was a kid. 1987. Mason, Ohio. Great bike. Slow and Eazy. Looking for one to convert to Hydrogen OD.
“I have never grown out of the infantile belief that the universe was made for me to suck.”
jtlever999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtlever999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 2:42pm
Ok if you haven't figured out what is wong with it here it is. 1)there is either a problem with the float in the carb2)there is a hole in the float in the carb. We usto have the same problem. You can either buy a whole new float or you can just use the Water Weld right on the hole.   
Richard Hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2007 at 6:59am
Anyone wanting a CD of Parts Manual and Owners manual, for the FA-50 let me know. It will be free except for small USPS mailing fee usually less than $2.00
email richardlhll@wmconnect.com ith return address, or mail me @
Richard L Hill
P.O. Box 263
Mount Clare, WV 26408-0263

Plesse indicate FA-50 in Subject!
Riuchard Hill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic