Forum Home Forum Home > Home Improvement > Lawn and garden equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTecumseh tc II backfire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tecumseh tc II backfire
    Posted: November/03/2005 at 4:38pm
My tecumseh tc300 will only accelerate successfully with the choke half closed. If the choke is open and I accelerate the engine pops and then stalls or tries to stall. I don't know if this is a normal thing but the engine starts and runs with the needle valve screw completely seated.
Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2005 at 2:55am
back the screw out 1 1/2 turns then adjust once warmed up.
bob View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2005 at 2:40pm
I did that already to no avail.I read one of the other postings and saw that you had suggested that.The best adjustment that I could get was with the choke half closed.I took the carb apart and ran a wire through every hole that I could get to. Are there any things that would be visably obvious inside the carburator? I pulled the stone type filter out of the gas tank and it seemed to be free and clear. Any other suggestions?
donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2005 at 2:39am
well the only reason it runs with the choke on is because there is a fuel restriction somewhere, or an air leak. 9 times out of 10, its in the carb. that stone in the gas tank is a fuel filter. make sure it is clean and fuel flows thru it freely.from there follow the gas line to be sure its not kinked, or soft enough that it just about sucks itself shut when the engine runs. go back thru the carb again with a piece of wire and follow up with carb cleaner. there's a lot of small holes in the venturi, make sure you go thru them all. if its a walbro carb with one large screw on the side of the carb where the gas line connects, you should see a silver colored mesh filter about the size of a crayons diameter. pull it out. it may be bad.
check the intake manifold to make sure its tight. check the head bolts and cylinder base gasket. and make sure the muffler is mounted tightly, and is in good working condition.
and post the model and serial number so that i can have a better idea of what you have.
bob View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2005 at 2:49pm
My model# is tc300-3008c-0180g
I found a parts breakdown online for the carburetor.
When I took the carburetor apart I noticed that it does not appear to have part #24 (gasket-metering diaphragm). It looks to be a gasket between the Carburetor body and the diaphragm. Here is the address for the parts breakdown for my Walbro wts-4b carburetor. http://www.wem.walbro.com/walbro/product.asp?CategoryName=Ice+Auger&Series=WTA&partnum=WTA%2D4%2D1&GroupName=Ice%20Auger&FamilyName=TECUMSEH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic