Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Deep Thinkers forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEveryone has asked this at least once

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2005 at 6:59am
God has the ultimate sense of humor...we are made in His image, free thinking etc., and humor is a big part of that. How about the wedding that Jesus attended where there was no wine but he made it from Jugs of water. A funny story. Old testamnet story that I got a laugh is when the good guys broke into the fat kings house an smite him with the sword, the king was so fat that the sword sung in beyoung the hilt, basically the fat swallowed the sword. There's a ton of funny things in there if you read it.
How about when they pulled Daniel and his buds out of the lions den without a scratch. Or when Jesus is turning over all the money-changers tables in the temple? When he scared Peter Simon in the boat with the storm? Good stuff my friends. Truth.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Sponsored Links

cd27 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2005 at 3:58am
lol, yea, i'm sure God laughs at us once and a while, b/c we do some pretty stupid stuff!

cd
If I call you dumb...refer to my avatar ^
maddpsyentist92 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddpsyentist92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2005 at 1:11pm
alright that answers my question.
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 10:36am
Originally posted by GeneB GeneB wrote:

God has the ultimate sense of humor...we are made in His image, free thinking etc., and humor is a big part of that. How about the wedding that Jesus attended where there was no wine but he made it from Jugs of water. A funny story. Old testamnet story that I got a laugh is when the good guys broke into the fat kings house an smite him with the sword, the king was so fat that the sword sung in beyoung the hilt, basically the fat swallowed the sword. There's a ton of funny things in there if you read it.
How about when they pulled Daniel and his buds out of the lions den without a scratch. Or when Jesus is turning over all the money-changers tables in the temple? When he scared Peter Simon in the boat with the storm? Good stuff my friends. Truth.

Gene, you're the only person I know who has ever made the Bible sound interesting. I might just flip through a few pages of it someday.
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2008 at 8:28am
Back in 2000, I had started hitting the gym and had read about 50 novels while riding the exercycle. I was bored and really wanted to know all the stories from the Bible. For years I had listened to songs by the Grateful Dead and many other bands that had songs derived from bible stories; Samson & Delilah, Gomorrah, Estimated Prophet, Song of Job by Peter Rowan, et al. I wanted to read the root stories so I asked one of our employees, a minister, to borrow a bible. Took me 5 months to read a King James version cover to cover, 1 hour a day. Reading that book changed my life, actually; gave me life.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic