Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Deep Thinkers forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtaur80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2005 at 1:26pm
it's a different things to go fight a fire and deal with a collapsed building than it is to leave your family to flee by themselves why you stay behind to face waves that were estimated to hit at 30-35 ft. storm surge estimates are way down now as it loses strength but if it had come in like they were talking 2 days ago. there is no helping anyone. everything and everyone would just be gone. and it's happened before in galveston, everyone that lives there knows that. we all grow up with stories and pictures of what happened in the 1900 storm.

but yes the homeland security agency created post 9/11 was also supposed to address natural disaster and it hasn't done much of anything. makes you wonder how prepared it would be if it was a terrorist disaster. we've spent billions if not trillions but we still can't do very basic things. cuba is better equipped to deal with hurricanes than we are. they got ripped by Ivan last year, they had 0 or 1 death in all of Cuba because they were so mobilized that the military got EVERYONE to higher ground before it hit. And they got hit early on when the Ivan first hit a category 4. They also offered I think 25 doctors that were trained and equipped to deal with post-hurricane situations, the day after Katrina hit. They were turned down. But that's a whole other can of worms...
Sponsored Links

Jack Handey View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Handey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2005 at 1:27pm
I think the mistake a lot of us make is that the state-appointed shrink is our friend!
maddpsyentist92 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddpsyentist92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2005 at 6:52pm
dammit, I live in the area of the hurricane and it could come near my city soon. If it does, then My family and I are going to have to move back to utah.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2005 at 7:32pm
No, move to delawere, rehoboth beach to be exact. www.rehobothbeach.com here's the webbie.
Jack Handey View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Handey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 10:36am
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me? Then, it wouldn't seem so funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic