Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Deep Thinkers forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI have a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddpsyentist92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a question
    Posted: September/20/2005 at 12:40pm
This is one of the age old topics about life. Why do bad things happen to good people. I have a response, but I'd like to hear the others consent on this.
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2005 at 8:37pm
I would like to say it happens to them to make them stronger .....that it prepares them and gives them tools for what ever goal they must get too. so they would apreciate it more and be proud of what they accomplish....

I used to believe in that firmly and think that everything happens for a reason but I find myself dissagreeing with this greatly....I think bad things happens to everyone, somehow we pay more attention to someone we believe is good than to someone whom we think deserved it.....
maddpsyentist92 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddpsyentist92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2005 at 3:57am
could it be that bad things happen to bad people too, but they're to busy with their lives to notice it. (example hurricane katrina)
gemtaur80 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtaur80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2005 at 6:43am
a follow up question...how are we to judge who is good and who is bad? is there a cut off point that makes you either good or bad? is someone ever truly all good or all bad, or does everyone have both good and bad parts of their personalities?
jen the oddfrog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen the oddfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2005 at 6:53am
good people can make bad decisions, but do they learn from them and grow, or blow it off/sweep it under the rug and repeatedly do it again...are we reincarnated based on what we've learned and growth shown each time around?
Life can be as bitter as dragon tears. But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic