Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Funhouse, 1980

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2005 at 5:56am

Originally posted by Watcher Watcher wrote:

This Book was written as a screen play if i remember right,And there is a movie from the book.

There was a movie made from the book??? Really? Interesting....I had no idea....have you seen it and if so does it live upto the goodness of the book itself?

Sponsored Links

bandej0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandej0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2005 at 5:56pm
Well I didn't think the book was that great so even if the movie lived up to it, it would still be sub-par for Koontz.
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity." - Einstein
Top 5 Koontz:
1: Lightning
2: One Door Away from Heaven
3: From the Corner of His Eye
4: False Memory
5: Strangers
judirick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judirick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2005 at 6:27pm
I find that the movies they have made from DK books are no where near as great as the books. My theory on this is because Dean puts so much into each page that by the time they cut it and chop it for a movie much is lacking in the end product. The only reason Stephen King's movies turn out better is because he has so much unnecessary information in his books that once they cut it the movie is enjoyable (most of the time). DK just puts in too much valuable information which is the main reason I enjoy his books in the first place.
Untouched and Alive
painfullynumb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painfullynumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2005 at 6:10am

i read fun house 2 weeks ago and followed it with the movie as soon as i finished.  The movie sucked.  i didn't even finish watching it.  The book on the other hand was pretty good.  i agree with judirick, alot of what DK writes gets lost in the movie adaption.

"Don't believe everything you think."
gemtaur80 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtaur80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2005 at 8:49am
In this case they were making a movie of The Funhouse and asked Koontz to make a book of it. So the screenplay isn't adapted from his book, but the other way around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic