Forum Home Forum Home > Computing > Webmasters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFireFox 1.0 hangs - workaround

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
brianwilson085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianwilson085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FireFox 1.0 hangs - workaround
    Posted: July/23/2012 at 5:53am
It happens quite often and may occur with blank start page and moving mouse or right click. No URL visit needed.Bojans desc probably belongs to a different issue, since this is independent of URLs and not reproducible with a specific one.

I deinstalled Mozilla 1.8a4, installed 1.7.5 instead, deinstalled Firefox 1.0, moved away personal configs to have a clean start, reinstalled, no change.More similarities to Andys desc.: The day before this Started, I changed cpu and dvd drive. Nothing else and no change in installed software.

Sponsored Links

Andy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2005 at 10:43am
My FireFox broke after I upgraded from version to 0.93 to 1.0. Reverting to old version didn't fix the problem - each time I'd load FireFox, all the menus and button were unresponsive and address bar inaccessible. The workaround was to load FireFox with a URL paramer, such as firefox.exe http://www.ibm.com. After I did this, the menus came back to life. Now loading FireFox without a parameter works too.

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic