Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Depression forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed help choosing the right drug???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drake7707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2004 at 1:03pm
i hate taking medicine, especially the more mental stuff. If it is necessary when your sick, ok, but i won't take medicine when you're not sick, but against depression
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2005 at 6:54am

Okay, first off. I agree with Lotrlvr04 about consulting a doctor about this. Mainly for the side effects of the drug for now and the future. Also for the dosage of the meds and also for maybe some therapy cause their are no miracle pills...you have to help yourself too( along with meds).

Now for the drugs that I know. I think my mom used to take zoloft for her schizophrenia. It made her hungry and burned her stomach so she had to let it go....

Welbutrin will make you lose a little bit of weight cause it activates the body. But one of the side effects are insomnia.

Another med is Remeron. That one is very helpful in getting you to get up and stuff but in the beginning it makes you sleepy as hell. Maybe half an hour after you've taken it you have to be in bed. Then in the morning you feel great...

again, I think you should consult a doctor before taking any meds and ask them why they are prescribing it to you and what does it do...

Charly View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 3:08am

Have you tried Xanax? It worked for me.

Check this site:

www.health212.ecrater.com

bananas View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2005 at 4:14pm
Yikes! Life is meant to be lived and felt, not numbed and delt with. My suggestion would be to start living and stop "waiting" for life to happen to you. Start where you are. Take 30 min. a day and DO something..... take a walk, write in a journal, ride a bike, meditate, go to a movie ..... whatever.

There's a great free on-line discussion at www.jackiewoods.org that will help you understand why you feel the way you feel, why you created it and what you can do with it. We're supposed to have feelings... but not STOP there and live in them and from them...nor numb them. They are simply signs pointing to something else... you need to go find what they are pointing to not just sit down and stare at the sign. You'll get no-where that way.

Live, Live, Live!
padboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote padboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2005 at 6:17pm
Yep,I too suffer from these same symptoms. I took Paxil for a shor time but quit as it sent me to the ER with sudden frightening vision problems. Am now on Zoloft(25mg/day) which has helped but I have noticed a tendency toward twitching of my arms and sometimes my legs, so i am going to stop taking it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic