Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Anne Rice forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhere are all the Anne fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2007 at 4:02am
Straub's style is very detached to me, which keeps me OUTSIDE the story if that makes sense. i'm never as invested as I could be.

If you see a cheap copy of Violin anywhere, breezit, I recommend you give it a try.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

thetemple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetemple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 8:53am
Hi I am new too Isis... welcome!
Female Fronted Egyptian Infused Prog Metal w/ live belly dancing!
www.dendura.com
www.myspace.com/denduraband
www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dendura-457
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 11:50pm
Welcome temple. It is great to have another Rice fan aboard.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 5:28am
Originally posted by FinalExam FinalExam wrote:

I rarely read vampire fiction anymore. Devoured it in my younger days, but now it all seems to have been done to death. I feel zombies are getting that way now.

I've tried Ghost story bofore but couldn't get into it. Straub's writing style sometimes puts me off. I keep hearing such praise for it, and I have loved a few of Straub's books, so I'm sure I'll give it another go sometime.

I completely agree, vampires have been done to death. I try to pick up new vamp fiction and just can't get into it. I will always love Anne's chronicles, I am so sad that she's stopped writing them. Poppy Z Brite was amazing too. I miss the days when I was so absorbed with vampire books.

Ghost Story was okay. I could not get into Shadowland no matter how hard I tried. I've not given up on Straub though, just haven't found the book to grab me yet.
Dagnarus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagnarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2008 at 10:31pm
i do agree that vampire books dont really do it for me anymore, but i brought the book The Historian and i loved it from beginning to end, no other vampire book could come close to the vampire chronicles for me though, in my opinion it beats Dracula hands down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic