Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > News from around the world
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m going to SAIL to CUBA!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahchristine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m going to SAIL to CUBA!
    Posted: August/15/2004 at 8:44am

A while ago (a month or two) I was sitting in the family room with my mom and uncle. Anybody who has met my family thinks we're a little crazy, and about proves my insanity. Out of the clear blue sky, I started talking about smuggling somebody/something into Cuba. Then my uncle comments that all you have to do is drive to Flordia and then sail to Cuba and say that your boat has broken down (he's the "expert" on the sailing- I know nothing about it yet) about 10 miles from shore and call the cost guard. [Oh, oh, my mom might have just read the title of this subject. She knows NOTHING about this yet.] They will let you in without stamping you passport (assosications- you don't know how I know some of this stuff. Sure, it's tecnically illegal, but if you're not caught, who cares?), others who have sailed to Cuba have said (friends of my uncle).

I was gone because I was helping my grandmother have a rummage sale. My uncle brought my little sister up there later on (she wanted to have a lemonade stand. lol), and he stayed there for the day.

He found a sail boat that he wanted and he plans to buy it. Cuba was mentioned some how once again. So we're going to to on a lake big enough for a sail boat that is very close from here first, then Lake Michigan so I can learn how to sail. I've heard you need two people to run the thing sometimes, so I'm thinking you coudln't sail across the ocean solo very easily.

Then after a while and I learn how to sail, we're driving to Florida with the boat hitched on the back of the truck. I've never been to the eastern states, so that in itself sounds fun to me. Then we're going to leave for Cuba!

A few of my uncle's friends have freinds in Cuba so we're going to stay with somebody instead of a hotel. But I am going to convince him that we need to go camping there too.

But, my mom or my dad knows nothing of it YET. When the time comes, I'll tell them. I need to convince them that I will be okay (worry worts, they are  ) in doing this. It's not a matter of trust, my mom trusts my uncle and me so that's not a problem, but she worries a lot when it comes to things like that.

The bottotm line, however is: I"M GOING TO SAIL TO CUBA!!!

Sarah Christine

"Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."
-Swedish Proverb
Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2004 at 3:27am
why would you want to go there unless you were looking for drugs?
sarahchristine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahchristine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2004 at 9:26am
Drugs? No drugs. They smell bad. There really isn't any reason for going, besides the want to travel and sail the ocean.
Sarah Christine

"Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."
-Swedish Proverb
rckid04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rckid04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2004 at 2:26pm
you dont have to smoke them.just sell them to people. and if your around them often enough then you wont mind the smell. go to a few concerts and you ll get used to it
1977 puch maxi sport which aint int he greatest shape but will be bettert then new when im done with it.i hope.

"chrome may not get you home but u'll shure look good pushing it"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic