Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Depression forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat’s wrong with me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s wrong with me?
    Posted: June/28/2004 at 8:19pm

Hi. I've never wrote in this kind of thing before but I really just feel like I need someone to listen to me even if it's a complete stranger.

I'm 24 and I dont understand what is wrong with me. I hardly sleep and when i do i have strange dreams....hence the not sleeping deeply i guess. Everything is normal....it seems. But i just can't get happy anymore about anything i used to. I'm moody and I'm really not normally a moody person, I'm laid back and happy by nature. I'm sore and tired and all i want to do is drink. i feel like i have no one to talk to. I feel like i want to die but not because i dont want to live, becuase maybe it will all be understood then. i dont know how to bounce back, i just want to feel normal again. Im so out of controle and feel so helpless.

I just dont know what to do. I thought that this was just a bad mood but it's been a bad mood for weeks now.

Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2004 at 5:15am

quit drinking.

alcohol is a depressent and makes it worse. go to a doctor and explain whats wrong. you need some prescription for something to make you happy. my wife has to take zoloft or something like that to combat depression, especially during *your not gonna get some* week.

Modest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2004 at 5:22am

Hi Dawn!

It makes me sad to read about how you feel. I really do hope that this is something temporary that will pass over soon.

Hmm, for my self it all started in this way and now I have felt very bad for more than 2 years. I don't have an easy answer that can help you but I can't see any harm in listening to you

So if you're up for it you can mail your thoughts to me and will listen and try to help you as much I can.

unknown@infohq.com

Take care of you and feel free to mail me if you want.

Hi. I've never wrote in this kind of thing before but I really just feel like I need someone to listen to me even if it's a complete stranger.

I'm 24 and I dont understand what is wrong with me. I hardly sleep and when i do i have strange dreams....hence the not sleeping deeply i guess. Everything is normal....it seems. But i just can't get happy anymore about anything i used to. I'm moody and I'm really not normally a moody person, I'm laid back and happy by nature. I'm sore and tired and all i want to do is drink. i feel like i have no one to talk to. I feel like i want to die but not because i dont want to live, becuase maybe it will all be understood then. i dont know how to bounce back, i just want to feel normal again. Im so out of controle and feel so helpless.

I just dont know what to do. I thought that this was just a bad mood but it's been a bad mood for weeks now.

[/QUOTE]
Tara View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2004 at 1:26am

Life is like this...sometimes makes you feel like s***Angry! It makes you wonder why don't feel  "normal" like you use to.

"I'm laid back and happy by nature"

Is this true? Or you made it up? Something tells me that is the way "you" see yourself. Some psychologists will argue that the way you see yourself is what you really are. So if you "think" you are laid back and happy that "is" what you are!

Are you being too hard on yourself? Are there a lot of little things that are contributing to make you feel low and unhappy? Sometimes there is a string of little unhappy times that last for such a long time and these periods are not broken by intervals of happyness. These long periods of bad times can bring you down big time and when people (or yourself) ask why do you feel so bad, you can't really find one major factor. It feels silly to mention that virus you had months ago, a bit of money problem, not sleeping well, puting on/losing weight, looking bad, don't go out as often, don't have many friends, etc.Dead (I'm not saying these are you problems!)

In your post you don't say if you are a male or female. How much control have you actually lost? What are the things you can't do? Needless to say, in the long term alcohol is not going to do any good for you.

Well...I know what to do but I am not you...my feelings and experience are unique to me. In truth you are the only one who will help yourself, everything and everyone else will be mere tools in the process of "bouncing back". It is up to you to go and find these tools and use them appropriately...by the way people love being used as these types of tools...it makes them feel great about themselves Approve!

Perhaps this is why I am taking the trouble to write to you...I want to feel good about myself helping you..Wink

Take care

TaraSmile

Raksha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raksha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2004 at 5:15am

Ahh darlin i really feel for you. I know its not a nice thing to go through, just coz im 13 dnt mean i dnt get s***.

I'm agreeing wiv donp tho. stop drinking it really dnt help. youll jst start to need more drink to get the same feeling and then you really will feel bad as the amount of alcohol will catch up wiv u.

I get depressed for no reason tho bt i dnt deel with it in a gd way. i self-h and blieve me you really dnt wnt to get started in that circle. dads getting me a councilor tho so im gunna b ok.

Go 2 ur doc and see if he can give you any meds 2 help. Sleeping meds might be good to help you have a deep sleep without dreams.

Hope you feel betta soon luv raksha xXx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic