Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSole Survivor, 1997

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sole Survivor, 1997
    Posted: June/04/2004 at 4:35am
Another great Koontz book, he can't seem to write anything bad. Mysterious thing after mysterious thing keeps happening in this book which makes it one of his best suspense books. The little kid that kills people with visions of a place he has never seen makes it anyone can die at any time in the book.   

Quote Edited by moderator

Short synopsis:
Joe Carpenter's wife and children perished with more than 200 other people in the crash of United Airlines Flight 246. When he meets a woman who claims to have survived the crash, Joe begins a desperate and dangerous search for the truth.

"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

AmyFier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyFier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2004 at 4:12pm
I really enjoyed this book, although i think it ended too quickly.  I wanted a little bit more closure, although D.K. likes to leave you with your own conclusions.  I was just hoping that the main character's wife and children were somehow alive and well.... wishful thinking....
DeejayTee View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeejayTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2005 at 2:24pm

It was a great book very different and unique from his his collection of great literature. I agree the boy with the powers is an interesting character.

WOW five stars! read this book!

"The dead don't talk, I don't know why."

TOP 5 KOONTZ
1.Frankenstein Series
2.Watchers
3. Tick Tock
4. The Bad Place
5. Phantoms
6. Dragon Tears
7. Darkfall
8. By The Light of the Moon
bandej0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandej0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2005 at 10:29am

I liked the style of this book. It really made me wonder if the guy's family was still alive or not... sad to find out that they weren't, but it turned the character's life around anyway. Great story.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity." - Einstein
Top 5 Koontz:
1: Lightning
2: One Door Away from Heaven
3: From the Corner of His Eye
4: False Memory
5: Strangers
ronlp72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronlp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2005 at 4:40am
This was the first Koontz book that actually made me cry!  very moving story, right down to the end.  I usually can kind of figure out what is going to happen, but one kept me guessing.  Yes, I was hoping that Michelle and the girls would end up being alive, too, but it ended up alright.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic