Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSole Survivor, 1997

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candypollard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2005 at 9:43pm

yeah i know Rose got killed cause she died of the gunshot wound that she received on the beach.

Joe got away cause he escaped the reach of the kid they had in the lab that took control and he escaped so no one knew where to find him.

Edited by candypollard
Top 10 Koontz books
Watchers
Odd Thomas Series
The Bad Place
False Memory
Intensity
From The Corner Of His Eye
Life Expectancy
Lightning
Hideaway
Servants of Twilight
Sponsored Links

ChynaShepard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChynaShepard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2005 at 6:26pm
I just finished this book and I was a bit to sad for me. I had a really hard time with Joe's feelings. they overwelmed me. I think the first half did me in but the last half was better.not one of my favs. but not at the bottom
"this book has more surprises than a bag of trail mix bought at an everything-for-a-buck store"
-unknown
jtroub8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtroub8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2006 at 3:00pm

I am new to this forum and I just finished reading Life Expectancy. I thought it was an excellent read! It was very hard for me to put it down! I am now about to read Sole Survivor. I have'nt really seen much talk about this book on this forum, but on the reviews this book got 4 out of 5 stars. Was just wondering what some of u thought about this book? Also what other Koontz books would u recommend for my next read?

Quote Edited by moderator

Short synopsis:
Joe Carpenter's wife and children perished with more than 200 other people in the crash of United Airlines Flight 246. When he meets a woman who claims to have survived the crash, Joe begins a desperate and dangerous search for the truth.

Keep em' coming Koontz
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2006 at 2:46pm
Sole Survivor is very well like by Koontz devotees. Some people didn't like it too much, but if you are a big Koontz fan you will enjoy that one.

Read them all next. Or just take a look at my top 10 in my signature.

Come join us on the forum above this one to discuss more.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2006 at 3:41am
Joe escaped being killed because every time the boy was busy inside someone else, and by the time he was done Joe got out of reach. The time he got real close was in the house that got burned, that's why Joe felt that coldness in his neck, but then Joe got out and closed the door. Remember the boy can't follow people from one location to the next right away.

I felt so sad for the boy!!! He's only six, and the only thing he can do is kill people!!! That made me cry more than anything else in the book. I know the family has not survived, but the whole point was they were happy in heaven.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic