Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCold Fire, 1991

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 6:13am
Originally posted by SlimMackenzie SlimMackenzie wrote:

Sorry D, I know you enjoyed it.

I didn't just enjoy it, I was hypnotized by it! Gosh I loved that one. LOL though about your comment, another member's girlfriend read that for her first DK read and she said she would never read him again! He's asking members for "damage control" and everyone is giving suggestions.

Like FE said, everybody can read the same line, exact words, and feel differently about them. That's not an exact quote.

New Age Koontzian here loving all the books.

Spoilers, Cold Fire:

Oh, I thought Jim Ironheart was an alien toward the middle. You know, Starman or something. I want to go back and read all the parts again about him that were "staring us in the face" like you said.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Sponsored Links

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2010 at 1:02pm
Cold Fire was not my first Koontz, but it was the one that really made me go "Whoa, this man has MAJOR talent!" That ending punched me in the gut, could have been silly but he totally sold it. So original and exciting.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
TheFirTree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFirTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2010 at 1:18pm
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2010 at 1:45pm
I hate the Bobby Ewing dream thing too, but I just thought the Cold Fire ending was very clever and thrilling.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
TheFirTree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFirTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2010 at 1:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic