Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCold Fire, 1991

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandej0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2005 at 9:38am
Well, Dusty, I think you really need to give it another chance, I re-read it and liked it even more.
As for Starbucks, I don't like that gut-rot you people call coffee so the only thing I've ever had there that I liked was about the same as a vanilla shake I could get at McD's for half the price, sorry.
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity." - Einstein
Top 5 Koontz:
1: Lightning
2: One Door Away from Heaven
3: From the Corner of His Eye
4: False Memory
5: Strangers
Sponsored Links

Gchild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2006 at 8:44pm
I just finished Cold Fire a couple of days ago and to be honest I didnt enjoy it as much as I do most DK books. I really didnt like Holly Thorne. I cant really explain it, she just irritated me. The book just didnt make a whole lot of sense and left, at least for me, alot of unanswered questions. For example, it never explained how and why Jim Ironheart ended up with the power to make the walls come alive and all the other things that he did. It just said he was born special. I would give the book 2 of 5 stars.
Top 10:
1.Odd Thomas 2.Life Expectancy 3.Dark Rivers of the Heart 4.From the Corner of His Eye 5.Watchers 6.The Face 7.Forever Odd 8.Night Chills 9.Intensity 10.Velocity
Clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2006 at 10:58pm
Oh, yes. I really enjoyed this book as well, his "Savings" were astonishing.. His peircing blue eyes, Holly was great as well. I liked how he saved people that needed help and the airplane scene was cool as well.

Meg
joetaptaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joetaptaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2007 at 10:05pm
This was the first Koontz book I read. I remember being a teenager who lived for the likes of Poe and Lovecraft and didn't really give contemporary authors the time of day, and was encouraged to read DK by a friend. Cold Fire was the only book of his in the family library, and I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I even stole it when I moved out and got married. I got my wife to read it and she almost finished. She got too creeped out by the windmill part. She said it gave her nightmares. That's when I realized the DK was the real deal and have been addicted since.

And my wife still refuses to give him another chance.
I too have my father's eyes
kauldron26 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kauldron26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 9:15am
i really really loved cold fire. probably the best Koontz book ive read since FTCOHE. More than anything Jim and Holly will be a couple that i will never ever forget.
Favorite Koontz: FTCOHE

Reading all works by:
James Clavell and James Michener

Check out My Library
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic