Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMr. Murder, 1993

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2004 at 11:07am

I read this book when my renters abandoned it in the cabin I rented them.

It was great, a novelist who becomes famous and a villan assuming his identity.

I saw the movie too, and all of Deans books just don't make great movies because there is too much richness in the books that don't translate with a camera. I think you could do a good DK book as a movie if you had alot of think-talking by the characters kind of like Lester Burnham in American Beauty. Gotta add in all the rich descriptions somehow.....

Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Sponsored Links

candypollard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candypollard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2005 at 10:42pm

I love this book! i started to be Alfie as he is probably my 2nd fav villain after Candy Pollard, just check out my signature.

Lots of cool stuff in this book and it was cool how Alfie believed he was marty and how he had it all planned out etc.  when alfie said "my emily my charlotte" it was just so weird

when alfie went to the neighbors and got the kids

when he kept accusing the real marty of stealing his life

wow this dude was great!

pretty good ending although i just wonder if they wouldve able to trace marty with those firs editions he was selling?

Edited by candypollard
Top 10 Koontz books
Watchers
Odd Thomas Series
The Bad Place
False Memory
Intensity
From The Corner Of His Eye
Life Expectancy
Lightning
Hideaway
Servants of Twilight
jangals686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangals686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2005 at 4:49am
This book was not only the first Dean Koontz book I have read but the first book I read for fun i used to hate reading! But this book was great i am reading Dragon Tears now it's looking to be good!
Baby Girl View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2005 at 1:33pm

I really, really enjoyed this book.  Alfie or "The Other" was just pathetic "thing" and I was very much relieved at the hands of his suffering. Made me wonder about the whole doppelganger thing, but that was all explained in the end of course.  The book also said a lot about family unity and the strength that creates.  What a great family!

Excellent book overall! 7/10 Stars

bandej0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandej0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2005 at 2:43pm
I think it was a good book, definitely not his best though. I don't really like the idea of a novel about a novelist, although it did add a different aspect to it. It would have been a lot better for me if I hadn't seen the movie first. The basic storyline was followed, but there are a lot of major differences. I don't remember seeing any part of the movie in which Alfie has been shot and you see his accelerated healing in process. That would have made the movie a little better.
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity." - Einstein
Top 5 Koontz:
1: Lightning
2: One Door Away from Heaven
3: From the Corner of His Eye
4: False Memory
5: Strangers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic