Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWinter Moon, 1993

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winter Moon, 1993
    Posted: February/02/2004 at 3:03pm
This is the book I will most likely read next and would like a synopsis of the book. Please do not have any major spoilers in the review.

Quote edited by moderator

This book is a heavily revised version of the 1975 novel THE INVASION, which Koontz wrote under the pen name Aaron Wolfe. They are so completely different that they are generally considered different books, hence the new title and publication date.

A short synopsis:

Jack McGarvey, an LA cop is still in disability months after a madman guns him down. He longs to move his family to a more peaceful place. The McGarveys find salvation when they inherit a sprawling Montana ranch, unaware of the terror that lies in wait for them.

"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

gemtaur80 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtaur80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2004 at 9:19am
It's on my list of books to reread. I can't remember much about it, but I know I liked it. It's not one of my all time favorites, but I think it was better than many. I hope that helps even though it's not a synopsis.
MusikVibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusikVibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2004 at 5:36am
This book was awesome.  It was the first Dean Koontz book I've ever read.  There is something intriguing about someone walking out side and seeing a hole in existence.  I don't remember much about it because I was too yound to really pay attention to the plot and remember it, but I will reread to know again.  It must have been good because I've been reading Dean Koontz ever since then.
MusikVibe
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2004 at 3:28pm
Finally found this book and read it. It started off fast and got a little slow with the main characters and was more interesting with another character that wasn't that much rounded. It was a good book, but different from his normal way of writing. The main characters don't even meet the main enemy alien thing until page two hundred or so.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2004 at 11:35am

Yes, this is one of his first TAME books. I got this one from the bookcase of my best friends wife that had recently died of Cancer. It was the only Koontz book she had and I was excited to find yet another I hadn't read. I was done before I got back off the plane.

This was really cool, used minorites, lonely houses out in a snowfield much like my upbringing, and slowly developed the alien as reality instead of imagination. Never been disappointed yet, well maybe 'The Taking', but other than that one Winter Moon is good and since winter is coming it would be good to read during a snowstorm!

G

Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic