Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > James Patterson forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJames Patterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 11:50am
And some of Koontz's favorite authors, which I also recommend are Charles Dickens and John D. MacDonald. MacDonald does some awesome characterization suspense thrillers, and lacks cheapness like most thriller writers.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

Bellsong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellsong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2007 at 10:13am
Thanks!!
I really enjoy reading, but it can be like walking on hot coals (well, not that I've walked on hot coals) if you find the book insipid (an absolute bore). I will make a note and check into those authors.

Oddly, I've never read much of Charles Dickens, except those you come across without trying like The Christmas Carol, but I really should try some classics.   
Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2007 at 10:31am
Charles Dickens does write some very funny characters. I really like his stories, but they take time to digest because of the Victorian era English.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Bellsong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellsong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2007 at 5:50am
They may be harder to digest but sometimes those can be some of the best ones, unless, I suppose, the reader is one who is unable to digest books written in that era, then they'd not enjoy it at'll.
Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
mojojody123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojojody123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2008 at 10:02am
hi can any1 pls tell me how many books james patterson has wrote in total, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic