Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > James Patterson forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJames Patterson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judirick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2005 at 7:59am
That's true Shawshank. I started in the middle but when I went back and read Cat & Mouse I felt like I would have been better to have read it first. If you go back you will already know parts of what happened because he reveals little bits and pieces in each of what happened prior to.
Untouched and Alive
Sponsored Links

WhiteWolf View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Climate Change Denier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2006 at 12:05pm
I just thought I would drop in here and alert anyone interested. I just recently got a free membership to Borders Bookstore for their Rewards program. My initial gift for joining was only a 30% coupon of any item in the store, and the expiration periods are very short.

However, Borders has been consistently sending me some pretty inriguing offers, not really junk, but some things I would consider using.

My point is, I'm not a James Patterson fan, but if I was, I would definitely use the coupon that Borders just e-mailed me for a whopping 50% off James Patterson's new novel, BEACH ROAD, which will be abailable on May 1st. So, if you're interested and there is a Borders store near you, now might be a good time to check out their Rewards program, especially if you are a Patterson fan.

Edited by WhiteWolf
music man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2006 at 6:40am
I started the Cross series with Violets are Blue, i am now working my way thorugh them in order.

By the way, i don't feel i have missed out on anything by reading Violets are blue first. Although the books are all in one series they don't strongly follow on from each other.

Bellsong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellsong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 3:00am
Hello people, I have a question. I am big into Dean Koontz, I also like P.J.Parish very much. I have not read any books by James Patterson. Are his books along the same line as Koontz? I am looking to branch out in my reading, but don't know who I'll like as much as the other ones I devotedly read.
Can I have some feedback on the types of books James Patterson writes, what kind of author he is, or other authors you may suggest?? I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks    
Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2007 at 11:47am
Not really, they have no supernatural, and no deep themes. People may argue the point, but once you've read two Patterson books, you've read them all. He is interesting, but read one or two a year if you read any by him. He writes serial killer mystery novels from the first person perspective mostly.

Other authors, Robert McCammon and Richard Laymon.

Orson Scott Card is great, but he is a science fiction writer.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic