Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Out of Body Experience (OBE) forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnable to do it...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheAstralProject View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAstralProject Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to do it...
    Posted: July/21/2017 at 3:03pm
Void,

I myself am also attempting to project into the astral. I learned about the ability in a Wicca book some years ago while in middle school, however I believed it to be just some fantasy depicted for the sale of new age reading material. However, about two months ago, I was inspired to begin researching Astral Projection in more detail. I became fascinated and enthralled with the promise of exploration of self and the entire universe without needing anything more than a consciousness, which we all have.

I'd listened to chakra cleansing meditations for a couple weeks and then I began actually meditating one week. I didn't really remember my dreams, if I had any, prior to my meditation practices. I had a dream every night on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. These dreams were vivid and memorable. I didn't meditate Thursday or Friday, but repeated the mantra "I will go out of body" as I drifted off to sleep that Friday night (a full moon coincidentally). I had two short dreams that night before the vibrations came. I've had sleep paralysis once before, and remembering that the vibrational state is a precursor, I got excited and said to myself, here it is, this is it! I can't recall myself focusing on a specific exit technique, but within about 15 to 20 seconds, I popped/rocked up and forward out of my body and "sat" at the edge of my bed (floating sensation). It was a bit hazy, it was the middle of the night, and I recognized immediately that my TV was not on the wall. I told myself "clarity now" and "Awareness now" to try to clear things up. At that point, I realized that I was aware in my dream and thought to myself I'm projecting! before waking back up in my body. I haven't had an OBE since then, this is now about a month later.

I say this, because I haven't lost hope, and have decided that I need to work on my meditation practice to include emphasis on breath work and energy work, and becoming a lot more aware of what I'm putting into my body. I'll be starting 90-day astral projection program that was published by Robert Bruce. I didn't have a crazy OBE, but it was enough to know that it was real and now I'm hooked. I'm passionate about the process and last night felt like I started to really understand how to, and what it means to focus on the breath. This is where I am now, I'm not "trying" to project at this time, I'm more or less trying to focus on the prerequisite skills that are required for a more successful conscious exit out of the body.

In short, this is what I would suggest to you. Be critical on how you are breathing and conscious of your breath in the now, not one second ago, and not in just a second. Bring your awareness to your breath. Then research energy work and deep relaxation techniques. Practice these things while you keep in the back of your mind that OBE is absolutely possible. After you've practiced these separate skills, then come back to the practice of projecting. I hope this helps! Good luck.
James
"The Astral Project"
Sponsored Links

Void View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Void Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2013 at 3:18pm
Hi people... 

It's been almost five years now since my last oobe and lucid dream and I can no longer do it no matter what...

As a kid I had many spontaneous oobes during sleeping which I believed to be just crazy real nightmares from which I couldn't wake up from but fortunately it stopped somewhere along puberty I think, well I guess I had one or two of them somewhere around my 19 maybe..

However I was 21 when I started practicing chinese martial arts, just for fun cause my ex-girlfriend said I should find myself some hobby or something like that..

Now, I'd like to point out that I wasn't doing any spiritual stuff, I was training with a guy which was more like a military type and we were really focusing on efective fighting (I'm really not into any spiritual stuff) 

I'm mentioning this, because even though I'm not into any cchi energy or spiritual matter I still have some feeling there was some connection to my oobe experiences with this..

After couple of months, one weekend I was training on saturday morning and was very exhausted afterwards so when I came home, I immediately went to take a nap.. And I guess it was the extreme physical activity before that ignited couple of crazy lucid dreams...

I was able to enter that stage almost any time I went to take a nap or to sleep... But once I tried this at night it was really scary and without me having any control of it then I remembered that I had those nightmares couple of times before...

However I guess I was 22 I went again during weekend to take a nap during a sunny day, and I was really trying to observe what is happening as I'm falling asleep. And I tried even to refuse to fall asleep as I felt drifting away from body I just tried to stay focused... After ca. 20 minutes I suddenly heard like some giant door went shut and I heard very clearly a bell ringing (like a doorbell) right after that I saw incredibly strong light which then blended into extremely sharp and clear vision. I saw my self on the bed and everything around, I had no body, It was hard to move around and it all was much much more real than reality itself I felt like I'm able to focus at everything at once and it was in every way more vivid in colors and lighting than lucid dream, just without any crazy stuff happening...

I was very excited and very scared at the same time cause I knew this is no longer some hallucination or crazy dream.. I searched on the internet and for the first time I saw terms like lucid dreams or oobe...

Now the weird thing is, that since that one time, since I had this oobe and did some research of it, I'm having problems even trying to get into any of those states...

I'm starting to feeling enormous pain in every parts of my body whenever I try to do oobe.. I'm no longer able to get even lucid dream.. I tried everything... It's just no longer working...

I have no idea what should I do, I need some relief for my mind, my life is a mess and I feel like my mind is sick and I can't solve any problem in this state, I'm desperate...

Anyone had similar experience?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic