Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > Bicycling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbikes i restore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bikes i restore
    Posted: December/18/2011 at 9:47am

a 1961 schwinn american i'm restoring
Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2011 at 10:07am

and here it is now, almost done.
donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2012 at 2:51pm
finished this bike up.

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2012 at 8:30am
this next one i am currently working on is a 1941 colson-evans snap tank. it has a morrow rear hub, lucky 7 seat post, rear rack, and skip tooth chain and sprockets. this bike was a total basket case when i first got it. it had been completely painted an orangish/red color. and when i say completely, i mean everything like tires, wheels, seat, handlebars, grips, EVERY THING. then the bike was left outside behind my dads autobody shop for over 20 years. i never knew it was back there until we decided to scrap the piles of old car parts he had stacked behind the shop. i pulled it out and decided to take it home and play with it. spokes were so rusted i just grabbed them and pulled them out of the wheels. after a day of sand blasting, i applied a cherry red back ground, then masked it off and applied a gloss black top coat. finished it off with gold pin stripes. i gotta paint the fenders still, and relace the rear wheel. i just got the leather to recover the seat too.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic