Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLookking for Dean Koontz title

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tc1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lookking for Dean Koontz title
    Posted: March/26/2011 at 11:40am
I've searching for the name of an older book by Dean Koontz. It's about a serial killer who targets the adopted daughter of the detective looking for him to be his next victim. The daughter is a little red-haired handicapped girl on crutches who was adopted from an orphanage. The ending hints at intervention by an archangel in a battle between good and evil. Does anybody know the name of this book?
Sponsored Links

SlimMackenzie View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 9:38am
This one has me stumped. I couldn't even venture a guess. I think about the detective novels, but there are no handicapped, red hair, adopted children.

Are you sure this is a DK novel?
The other night I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.
-Rodney Dangerfield
tc1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tc1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 12:45pm
Yea,97% sure it's his. This was probably in the 80s. The little girl's stream of consciousness type thinking is typical DK. She's hilarious and lovable as hell. A line from What the Night Knows reminded me of her - one of the kids is thinking how you "were going to burn in Hell with nothing to eat for all eternity except spiders and maggots and brussels sprouts". The red-haired girl in the earlier book would think something very like that.
Ben Marco View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2011 at 12:13am
Sounds vaguely like Hideaway, but some of the details are a bit off...
tc1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tc1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2011 at 11:59am
I might be off a little on some things, it's been a long time. The red-haired orphan on crutches is a definite though. I'll try Hideaway and let you know if that's it, thanks for the tip, Ben. All suggestions are welcome, this is driving me crazy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic