Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBrandon Sanderson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 4:03am
Originally posted by brotheroddkins brotheroddkins wrote:

New blog post from Brandon on the Way of Kings. He's very straight-forward with the book.

Thoughts on THE WAY OF KINGS

Nice blog entry. I like the way Sanderson communicates. I have so many good books to choose from for future reads. It makes choosing the next books to read so difficult.

You haven't said much about Elantris. Is it holding your attention pretty well? Is it as good as you hoped?
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Sponsored Links

brotheroddkins View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 7:30am
There isn't much action, so far. A lot of political intrigue and history. That's not to say that it isn't a bad book, just a little slow in the beginning.
Reading: The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan & Urban Gothic by Brian Keene

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2010 at 12:00am
Here's another interesting post from Sanderson about his history as a writer.

EUOLogy: My History as a Writer

dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by brotheroddkins brotheroddkins wrote:

Here's another interesting post from Sanderson about his history as a writer.

EUOLogy: My History as a Writer

Wow, I'm always amazed with how close authors come to giving up and then something happens to turn it all around. Elantris had a nice review by OSC and look how many times it was rejected. Even though I'm not a writer, I think it is so important to write what you love and not aim to what you think will sell. This was a story that attests to that belief.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 2:55am
Coming from a writer, I think that writers that just write what sells are mostly bad writers. You should alwaysput your all into whatever the project. Good writers bleed on the papers in the book (metaphorically, of course).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic