Forum Home Forum Home > Scooters2.com Forums > Scooter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedQingqi qm50qt-b2 won't spark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glaceauz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qingqi qm50qt-b2 won't spark
    Posted: December/07/2009 at 9:02pm
i got a qm50qt-b2 about 8 months ago and it has been nothing but trouble.

i ran it for several months with a shot battery, just having to jump start it whenever i wanted to ride. a few weeks ago i bought a new battery, slow charged it, rode it about 2 miles and now it won't start. its cranking when i use the electric starter(the kick start hasn't worked since i bought it), but it doesnt seem to be firing, even after i tried spraying starter fluid into the intake and i also tried jumping it. any suggestions?

p.s. i don't know much about scooters, bikes, or motors for that matter, so answers may have to be dumbed down a bit, sorry
Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2009 at 12:50am
you hit the nail on the head with your first sentence. chinese bikes are nothing but trouble, and junk.

since the engine is cranking with the electric start, and it was recently running, the first thing i would do is check the spark plug. remove it from the engine, then plug the wire back onto it, then lay it on the engine(any metal part of the engine will do). now hit the electric start button as though you were trying to start the engine. make sure the key or kill switch is turned on. as the engine is cranking, look down at the spark plug. you should see a spark jump between the terminals on the plug. if you do, this does not mean your plug is good, it just means the ignition system is working. get a new spark plug.
if you do not see a spark, get a new plug and retry this test. if there still is no spark, then you have a problem with the magneto, cdi, or kill switch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic