Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBrian Keene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 6:20am
I just read the synopsis on Terminal. I liked it. I think I'll make that my intro book to Keene now.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Sponsored Links

brotheroddkins View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 7:40am
It's a pretty good book to start with because it doesn't have any Labyrinth references.
Reading: The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan & Urban Gothic by Brian Keene

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 11:46pm
My review of Ghost Walk:

*Spoilers*

This a sort of sequel to Dark Hollow, I just want to establish that first. It takes place two years later. We begin with a character being taken over being a living darkness and this darkness, called Nodens has plan to inhabit and destroy our world. Nodens is what is in the middle of Keene's Labyrinth.

We cut to the happenings of Ken Ripple setting up a Halloween spooky trail and scare house in the woods near LeHorn's Hollow. Right off the bat you know this is a bad idea. We also meet a newspaper reporter who is doing a story on the Ghost Walk and discovers all this other stuff about the trail.

Enter, one of Keene's most interesting creations, Levi Stoltzfus, an ex-Amish magus, who with the help of Maria (the newspaper reporter), break Adam Senft (the main character in Dark Hollow) out of an asylum. While the merry band of three search for a way to stop Noden's, the entity grows in strength.

The end was a little predictable. Mostly, the book is about faith and having faith in something, even when things are horrible.

A side note: Keene's latest release Darkness on the Edge of Town, takes place in a alternate reality, where Nodens takes over Earth.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 10:59am
A lot of people went on about the shocking actions of Levi at the end, but I saw that coming from the get-to.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 12:10am
Yeah, it was kind of obvious by certain things he said.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic