Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Anne Rice forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 10:35am
I may get it in paperback. I'll be interested to see how her new Christianness effects her storytelling.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

lisalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2009 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by dnurse64 dnurse64 wrote:

Yes, I understand that fictional part, I was mainly addressing the plot aspect. I pretty much know what's going to happen. She includes some scenes that are unique to the Catholics but not included amoung Protestants. I'm thinking she will still add some good fiction that's in the spirit of her Catholic faith and Christ's character. The story of Yeshua and Avigail was one from the 2nd book that I loved because it addresses issues that a brought up in discussions but not mentioned in the bible. This addressed his sexual desires and role as a husband that is debated. I'm hoping she'll do the same with the future books and insert her vision of what might have been even though she will still be following the bible story. Did you read that she said she will be following the bible stories more closely and inserting less of her ideas in the 3rd book?

I'm taking that Angel Time will be provocative and that she has mainly changed her world view up a little to be in accordance with her Catholic faith. Her site says that now "her sinners vie for redemption." I'm interpreting that her Angels will have a dark side in Angel Time too. I haven't read her earlier works. What did her sinners vie for in her earlier works?

wow, may be you are right !!!

Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2009 at 6:54am
I still haven't gotten my copy from the library yet. Grrr! I'm really looking forward to this read and it sounds like it's great. Here's a link about it with a video of Anne Rice discussing it at Amazon. Just scroll down to the video screen. There's also a synopsis and some editorial reviews.

Anne Rice discusses Angel Time
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2009 at 5:07am
Finished Angel Time and I look forward to the sequel. This is definitely a book that glorifies God and won't be a book for everybody. No dark horror or complex plot twists. I loved the California setting when the story is in the present setting when the main character visits places places I've been. I love missions. This book delved deeply into the character development of the assassin Toby O'dare. It appears that all 3 books will be about his redemption that is offered via a stranger that turns out to be a seraphim angel. My heart went out to Toby when the angel recounted Toby's life that led him to become an assassin. We are taken to the 13th Century where Jews are persecuted and used in a witch hunt manner to create saints by falsely accusing them (by the Christian community) of killing children. Rice deals with a particular couple's interfaith romance in the time travel segment that shows the torment each person endures by their own Christian and Jewish communities and families. Rice said that one of her goals was to write this book in a manner that both the Jewish and Christian people can enjoy. She did just that.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2009 at 8:14am
I'll keep an eye out for when it comes to paperback. Sounds interesting, obviously I'm not a Christian but since it is fiction I can take that without it bothering me.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic