Forum Home Forum Home > TV/Movie/music Forums > Buffy the Vampire Slayer forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuffy "Reboot"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buffy "Reboot"
    Posted: May/27/2009 at 12:49pm
Have you heard they are going to do a new Buffy movie, "rebooting" the story with a new cast. Joss Whedon is NOT involved, the people who did the original movie--and own the rights--are doing it. I think this is ridiculous and I'll tell you why. "Reboot" is the new word for "remake" but Buffy went off the air only six years ago. Is six years really so long and outdated that we need a whole new version? I mean, do young people today really not want to even watch something just six years old? I just rewatched the whole series from beginning to end and I think it holds up remarkably well, plus the fact that IT ONLY ENDED SIX YEARS AGO! Am I overreacting or has this crap just gotten totally out of control. "Oh, that came out six months ago, young people won't be able to relate, let's do a new version." A friend and I were throwing out suggestions for how they would update it for the "new generation." She figures there will be a lot of texting and My Space, and I figure everyone will look a lot sluttier. One thing I always admired about Buffy is that despite having a lot of attractive females in the cast, the show never really exploited their sexuality. Most teen oriented shows these days most definitely do. Because as far as themes and acting and storylines, I can't think of anything that needs "updating" from only six years ago, so I'm expecting just more skin and naughtiness.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2009 at 4:00am
Reboot makes sense if the original story didn't quite work or you have a completely different take on it, like with the Batman series. But as a huge fan of Buffy I'm sort of offended that everyone would think a reboot is needed.

By the way I agee about sexuality. One great thing about the show is that sex is not treated lightly as a mere plot device. It always has deeper meaning and sometimes huge consequences. Much as I loved seeing some of the shirtless guys, I never had the feeling like they were doing it just to attract the audience.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 6:20am
What ever happened to the reboot? Is it still in the works?
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2009 at 2:23pm
Maybe now that Dollhouse is cancelled Joss will want to work on it, but I honestly don't see why.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2010 at 1:49am
I miss my Dollhouse already, but I honestly don't think Joss is interested in the reboot, he's already done it and don't think it could be done much better. I haven't heard much about it lately, maybe it'll die on the vine.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic