Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXenocide (Ender #3) April 2009 Group Read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 4:27pm
I agree that this one reads at times like Atlas Shrugged...a bunch of boring philosophy, going nowhere.
This could be the end for me with this series. I'm near the end, maybe 40 pages or less. The Asian connection is not called for.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Sponsored Links

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 5:28pm
I have about 10 or so pages left and agree with you Gene. I did like the Asian thing at first but it got old quick. I have the 5th book in this series though.......
(a very nice man sent it to me)
and you do too, don't you?

We need to ask Snowman about the next one in the series, you never know it could be good, it could be better than Ender's Game.

"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2009 at 6:34am
Spoilers below:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I finished it last night and absolutely hated the ending! It was nothing but a blatant set-up for a sequel. Before reading the ending I would have given it a 7/10 or an 8/10 but now it'll get a 5/10 which on my scale is average and I skimmed over parts of it due to monotony, otherwise I would have put it down.

"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2009 at 5:20pm
I completely loved the entire series, but the last two definitely not even close to the greatness of the first two.

The SHADOW series is much more action / military goodies. Less philosophy and science.

ENDER'S SHADOW
SHADOW OF THE HEGEMON
SHADOW PUPPETS
SHADOW OF THE GIANT
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

I completely loved the entire series, but the last two definitely not even close to the greatness of the first two.

The SHADOW series is much more action / military goodies. Less philosophy and science.

ENDER'S SHADOW
SHADOW OF THE HEGEMON
SHADOW PUPPETS
SHADOW OF THE GIANT

I thought ENDER'S SHADOW was #5 in the series. Is it a completely different series?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic