Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour Heart Belongs to Me (2008)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 8:17pm
We just see it differently dnurse. I agree the beginning was part of the plot, but my point is it could have been tighter, less dragged out, and less repetitive. And I don't feel his crazy adjectives flow naturally in the story, I think they stand out and remind me I'm reading when I should be lost in the story. And I actually didn't think Koontz made it seem he had been terribly unhappy in his life, not until the paranoia kicked in.   Before that he seemed very happy, and who wouldn't want to live? I mean, I thought Koontz's attempt to make wanting to live some kind of crime didn't work. I knew what he was going for but didn't think he succeeded. And just once I'd love to read about a rich man who finds redemption and gets to keep his money. : )
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 12:45am
Hope the above doesn't sound snappish, dnurse, just that we do have different opinions of this one, doesnt' mean one of us is "wrong" and the other "right." It's all good.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 4:04pm
I didn't take it that way at all FinalExam. I'm just discussing and debating and never think for once I can actually make someone like a book. It is all good and I have fun with it.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

withpatience200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote withpatience200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 4:26pm
Ok I think that I may be calm enough to write about this book.
I hated this book more than I have ever hated another book before. (This includes reading Fox in Socks to my kid.)
I was expecting a total thriller, have been waiting for Koontz to write another intense book for a long bit now.
This book was so average that it made me want to put the novel I am currently writing down and rewrite this book just for my personal satisfaction.
The main points and twists of this book were great ideas they were just made so bland.
I have never said this about a Koontz book before.
I am even one of the few who enjoyed the Good Guy and The Husband.
When will we ever get another Intensity, or another Tick Tock.
I can not even express how disappointed I am right now. I have been scouring bookstores to find a new writer that I can read.
I am seeing a pattern of softness come into his writing as he is aging, and I did not start reading Koontz to hear great stories about people with hearts of gold. I started being a Koontz fan because of the outrageous villains and the heroes turning and fighting back.
If he is going to write a book like DEOTY and then this book I am dreading the next non Odd book he puts out.

With luck my patience will never run out before I do
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 6:54pm
DEOTY was the first and only Koontz book that I couldn't even get past the second chapter I disliked it that much.

"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic