Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingice0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2008 at 11:52am
Havent been able to particapte in any group reads yet, im intetersted in or own most of them, the timing was just off for me, same with this one, i really want to read it and the series as well. However im really interested in ordering Ushers Passing, ill make sure i order it next time i can, hopefully i can get it by November and actually particapate in a group read for once, lol. Ushers Passing is what i want to be my first McCammon book anyway so it should work out nicely for me if i can get it in time.
Sponsored Links

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2008 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

You'll like it Gene, it really transcends the genre like most of Koontz's books and that Orwell book about that year.

Patti- Thought I'd let you know that I loved Olympos by Simmons. Read it over the past 1.5 months. It took too long to get to the answers, but was a nice ride anyways.

Chris, I'm happy you got a chance to read it and liked it. Those 2 books were just sheer joy for me to read - I didn't want them to ever end!

Ender's Game is alot better than I thought it would be, sometimes I am disappointed when I get a book that has been highly recommended. I'm sure it's because my expectations are too high but that's not the case here this book is very well written from the first page!

"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Blazingice0608 Blazingice0608 wrote:

Havent been able to particapte in any group reads yet, im intetersted in or own most of them, the timing was just off for me, same with this one, i really want to read it and the series as well. However im really interested in ordering Ushers Passing, ill make sure i order it next time i can, hopefully i can get it by November and actually particapate in a group read for once, lol. Ushers Passing is what i want to be my first McCammon book anyway so it should work out nicely for me if i can get it in time.

It'd be nice to have you join a read with us.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 3:35pm
Did it all of a sudden get bad?
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

Did it all of a sudden get bad?

No, it's just that I've only been able to read a few pages here and there the past few days. Tomorrow I've got a whole day to devote to it, looking forward to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic