Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Harry Potter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdDogg34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Book
    Posted: August/01/2008 at 2:41am
Well, I couldn't find it on the web anywhere (checked both Amazon and Fantastic Fiction), but I got an email from Borders today telling me about J.K. Rowling's newest book, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, being available to the public soonish. I'll have to dig through my trash in my email to find it again so that I can get more details. It should be good. Hopefully she will come out with another announcement sometime in the next couple years where she tells of a new series or something...

EDIT: OK, I just looked it up in my email and found out that it is coming on December 4, right in time for a nice Christmas/Hanukkah rush. Here's the link for the email that I got in case anyone wants to look for themselves:

The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Reading:
The Shining by Stephen King

"An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books."
Sponsored Links

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 11:23am
Yeah, I got an email about it too. I'll buy it, I'm a sucker for her stuff.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 1:39pm
Hopefully, this will help bookstore sales, which definitely need a shot in the arm.
"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems.” Dean Koontz

Blazingice0608 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingice0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 12:31am
Does anyone know if it will be another childrens/teenage type book? I was interested in Potter it was just too kiddish for me, while i hear books 5-7 got darker and more mature, i just couldnt get past book 2, wasnt for me i guess, lol.

However i thought Rowling had a wonderful imagination, i still like watching the Potter movies, but i would really LOVE for her to write adult fantasy books, i would be thrilled if this one was for adults.

Also regarding to movies, i was on IMDB and noticed something interesting, book 6 is dated for 2008, November, which i guess is about normal timing for the series. But Book 7 is for one seems to be further off than i would think, but it also has it listed as if it will be two movies, like "Deathy Hollows part 1 and Deathly Hollows part 2". I know it was a long book, but im still suprised to see it as two movies, one for 2010, and one for 2011?
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 6:56am
Blazingice!!! Pick them back up!!!

Book 2 was by far the worst of the series and book 3 was (I think) one of the best!! You have to give them another try...I would say that you could skip book 2, but there are some crucial elements in there. But if it means you not reading the rest of them, then freakin' skip book 2 and start with 3 (Prisoner of Azkaban)...you won't regret it.
Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic