Forum LockedBike Diagrams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bike Diagrams
    Posted: August/04/2008 at 3:40am
go to the classic antique bicycle exchange forum.
http://www.thecabe.com/vbulletin/index.php
we have breakdowns of all sorts on there. that front axle should be very simple.hub, bearings, cone nut, jam nut, and axle nut.
Sponsored Links

vulcan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2008 at 7:02am
I've never seen anything like that, probably because it's mostly common knowlege. There will be the axle itself, there will be a set of ball bearings that go into the recess on each side of the wheel, these maybe caged bearings, or they may be loose balls that go into a groove in the wheel flange. If they are loose, you will have to use grease to hold them in place, while you intall the axle. Then there will be the bearing cones, one on each side, that screw onto the axle, and against the bearings. These are used to adjust the free play between the bearings and the axle. Then there will be a locknut that goes on after the cone nuts, one on each side, to hold the cones in place once they are adjusted. Then there will be another nut and washer on each side to attach the wheel to the fork dropout. For bicycle information, go to http://www.sheldonbrown.com/ Unfortunately, Sheldon Brown passed away a short time ago, but he managed to accumulate more bicycle knowlege than anyone on the planet, and Harris Cyclery maintains the site that contains all this information. If you can't find what you are looking for there, it doesn't exist. Jerry.
Wheel Rush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheel Rush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2008 at 5:33pm
Diagrams and Schematics must be some kind of secret stuff because I cant find any.

I'm looking for a common American bike schematic or diagram that shows parts like for example, I would like to have a better look at the front wheel axle assemblage.

I am having a problem with putting an axle to gether for a Huffy Sante Fe, a diagram would help to show me what oarts might be missing ?

Anyone know where I can find one, for any common American model(s)?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic