Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Stephen King forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour top 10 King

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 10:39am
Have you ever read Misery? I consider that his best.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

SlimMackenzie View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 12:02pm
I read MISERY a long time ago. I am sure that is one that I will have to re-read to guage an opinion. But, my plate is full and I don't plan on re-reading anything for a while.
The other night I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.
-Rodney Dangerfield
Blazingice0608 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingice0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 5:12am
Carrie is all ive read from King since i was last here, ill at least update this portion of my list now and do the rest later.

1. Salems Lot
2. Bag of Bones

3. Everythings Eventual
4. Blaze
5. Carrie
6. Dreamcatcher

7. Rose Madder
8. Liseys Story
9. Eyes of the Dragon

I also lowered Dreamcatcher in case you didnt notice. Carrie was actually a lot better than i thought it would be, a nice quick little read, i really liked the way it was written with the articles and what not incorporated. I also thought that while the book lacked a lot of characterization, Carrie was nicely developed, i really felt her pain and her anger the entire book. So overall it wasnt all that, but better than expected.
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 10:35am
I tought carrie was raw and unpolished but a damn good little yearn.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Trailmix View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trailmix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 2:57am
1. The Dark Tower series
2. The Stand
3. It
4. Duma Key
5. Different Seasons
6. Everythings Eventual
7. Insomnia
8. The Dead Zone
9. Desperation
10.Dreamcatcher

I recently read a lot of King books, and a few of them went right into my top ten. I was particularly surprised by how good Duma Key was.
~Top Ten Koontz: From The Corner Of His Eye, Watchers, The Bad Place, Strangers, Lightning, Relentless, The Face, Dark Rivers Of The Heart, Intensity, and Cold Fire~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic