Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBentley Little

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creativerealms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2010 at 4:45am
I'm currently reading the Ignored and so far I'm blown away. It's up there with the first half of Dispatch, as his best. Sure I fear he will go too far like he always does and the book will fall apart but man so far the book is creepy.

It's about a man who one day realizes that he is so average, so ordinary that no one remembers him, and people almost fail to realize he's even there. Everyone from his best friend for two years who can't remember him after six months, or even his parents, no one told them they died and he finds out six months later when he goes for a surprise visit.

Man oh man I really hope Little does not blow this but I fear he would.
Favorite Koontz Books 1: Watchers 2: Lightning 3: Strangers 4: Midnight 5: Voice of the night 6: Intesity 7: The bad Place 8: Dragon tears 9: Fear Nothing, 10: Winter Moon 10:
Sponsored Links

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 11:37am
I have that one, haven't read it yet. Let me know how it turns out.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
creativerealms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creativerealms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 3:35am
Well it did not all apart as badly as many of his other books that started off strong did, however the first part of the book was much better then the second and third parts. I really wish he actually explained just what was up with "the ignored" explained, like he took the easy was out and just said "it's magic i don't have to explain it."

The book was separated into three parts and each part is progressively worse then the one before it. Yet it is probably my favorite novel by him. Mainly because he did not throw in as many random shock scares in this book.
Favorite Koontz Books 1: Watchers 2: Lightning 3: Strangers 4: Midnight 5: Voice of the night 6: Intesity 7: The bad Place 8: Dragon tears 9: Fear Nothing, 10: Winter Moon 10:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic