Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > News from around the world
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvery day news...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2008 at 11:27am
lovely so as parents what the hell do we do about public school "governments". Where did the money from the "real" government state/federal go? I have a buddy that sends his kids to private for the same reasons most people do, but he pays out the but for it. So whats the answer?
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
Sponsored Links

Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2008 at 4:19pm
I don't really know the answer...besides...actually making somebody accountable for the money spent in schools instead of letting them squander it.

However, that doesn't really sound like a quick fix.

Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 4:20am
SHUTTLE ENDEAVOUR LAUNCHES:
MISSION- To do cool stuff in space and on the ISS, also there building a frigan ROBOT up there, Once fully assembled, Dextre(said robot) will stand 12 feet and have a mass of 3,400 pounds. Its shoulder span is nearly 8 feet.
And the general public doesnt even care, this story got a 30 second blip on the local news....High tech robots being built on a space station orbiting Earth, and more people where watching the home shoping network than this launch...This is so sad i think.

Just look at that thing!! how cool is that!!!!!
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 8:17am
Yeah, who would ever think people would get bored with the space program... Not only is it cool, but lots of scientific breakthroughs came out of it.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Einsteingooddog Einsteingooddog wrote:

I don't really know the answer...besides...actually making somebody accountable for the money spent in schools instead of letting them squander it.

However, that doesn't really sound like a quick fix.

All I know is, where I live evry year we get a "bare bones" budget that HAS to pass or the world would end, and about 50% of the time it fails and miraculously they come up with a smaller budget. How's that possibel if the first one was already "bare bones"? And I'm in a good town where people actually value their money. Other towns around us just pass whatever the BOE asks for every year, so their property taxes are even highr than mine. Speaking of which, this year I paid more for property taxes than for mortgage interest. That's just insane.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic