FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvery day news...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tasha View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Every day news...
    Posted: December/01/2008 at 12:37pm
My father in Law (who is the nicest, least violent man I know) was sentenced to 180 community service when he got into a fight with the man that his wife of 24 years left him (and his 2 kids) for! as you may guess he got the upper hand. He was working a 10 hour night shift, then doing 3 hours community service each day. He's done with it now but it still stays on his record. The best thing is... he actually enjoyed doing the gardens at the old peoples homes!!! how crazy is that!

Sponsored Links

MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2008 at 8:10am
If community service becomes mandetory(sp?) what will the "state" use to punish the little criminals..?

O and i served my country already..anyone trys to get me to work for free..can eat me!
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2008 at 8:04am
If community service becomes mandetory(sp?) what will the "state" use to punish the little criminals..?
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 2:55pm
Well, it didn't take long, did it?

Folks, many of us warned you that Barack Obama's past involvements with rabid Marxists and leftist groups were no coincidence or mere juvenile flirtations.

From the new Obama website:

--------------------------------------------------------

America Serves

"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream."

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start [emphasis added]

---------------------------------------------------------

As they used to say in the old movie Westerns: "Them's fightin' words."

Note that in his opening pre-Election quotation, Obama described his "service" programs with the words "choose" and "liberty."

But now, in the post-Election fine print, he uses the word "require."

By which he means: "...or else."

The One intends to force us, and our children, to "serve" whatever causes he mandates. On what moral premise?

That the individual belongs to the state.

Mandatory "service" is just another way of saying "involuntary servitude" -- and that is a euphemism for "slavery." An interesting point of view for a man whose race was emancipated by his alleged hero, Abraham Lincoln.

Let me be very clear:

If the incoming Thug-In-Chief thinks he's going to force this boy to join one of his Marxist-modeled citizen "corps," his gang had better come for me heavily armed.

And I suspect I'm not alone in that attitude. It's an attitude most bluntly expressed by the hero of Ayn Rand's novel The Fountainhead in his famous trial speech:

I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy. Nor to any achievement of mine. No matter who makes the claim, how large their number or how great their need.

I wished to come here and say that I am a man who does not exist for others.

It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 5:35pm
And
Obama
wins..............................................................................................................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic