Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShutter Island

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shutter Island
    Posted: January/09/2008 at 10:23am
I'll open this up, even though I read this book like 7 years ago..the story line is fresh for me. I loved everything about this story. I love insane asylum stories and movies...being a little whacked myself, I can relate.
One of my most favorite experiences was going into a local one here in town to bail out my former boss; I got to visit inside for about 2 hours while they did the paperwork...fascinating experience.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Sponsored Links

jen the oddfrog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen the oddfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2008 at 10:33am
well we are happy they let you out buddy..."No, No.. Im just here to pick up my boss! Really!"...the topic gives me the willies, that's for sure.
Life can be as bitter as dragon tears. But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste.
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2008 at 10:37am
That Journeyman episode where Dan Vassar travelled to an asylum was really good.
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2008 at 4:27am
Haven't read it yet, but plan to read it right after I finish The Trap--or maybe instead of if I can't get into this one--so hopefully I'll be done by the end of the month.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2008 at 4:41am
I enjoyed this novel when I read over a year ago, but it isn't my favorite Lehane.

They're doing a film version with Martin Scorsese directing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic