Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > News from around the world
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedParenting & so forth....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchutch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2008 at 4:46am
Just remember. She's your cute little girl now. But if you don't do what's necessary, you don't wanna think about that excuse being given to a judge. "Sorry, you're honor. I just thought she was too cute to do what I thought was right." That's what I do for myself and it works. I hate smacking my kids, but I look around and see the products of parents being afraid to beat 'em. Scares me.
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Sponsored Links

Arethusa View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Orchid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arethusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2008 at 2:17am
I have been known to take my children out of stores or restraunts when they have started throwing fits. I hate it when people let thier kids run and scream and do whatever they want. I'll ask the clerks in the store to watch my cart or leave it where I can get to it when I come back in and then I take the kid out to the car and let them finish their tantrum in there. When they are done we go back in and finish shopping.

I have spanked on occasion but, I really hate doing that. My dad would hit me even if I sneezed wrong, so I know what abuse is and I don't ever want to cross that line. But I really think that children need disapline in order to grow up and respect other people. To be curtious and not spoiled brats.
Arethusa
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf!
jchutch2 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchutch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2008 at 2:41am
My momma always told me I should be beat once a day cause even if I didn't do anything, she knew there was something I did that she didn't know about. She was usually right. (She was mostly joking, by the way. She didn't really beat me daily when I didn't deserve it. Normally, I did deserve it. heheh)
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2008 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Arethusa Arethusa wrote:

I have been known to take my children out of stores or restraunts when they have started throwing fits. I hate it when people let thier kids run and scream and do whatever they want. I'll ask the clerks in the store to watch my cart or leave it where I can get to it when I come back in and then I take the kid out to the car and let them finish their tantrum in there. When they are done we go back in and finish shopping.

I have spanked on occasion but, I really hate doing that. My dad would hit me even if I sneezed wrong, so I know what abuse is and I don't ever want to cross that line. But I really think that children need disapline in order to grow up and respect other people. To be curtious and not spoiled brats.

C this is something i refuse to do any more, my kids used to do this, they figured they were out in public so it was a get out of jail free card, it got so embarrassing, so i started smacking there hands no mater who was around, to hell with what CPS thinks, after awhile my girl really didnt like it, like most modern parents she was terrorfied of CPS, so i copromised, each one got one warning, after that the counting started to how many times there were gona get spanked when we got home....
The first time they didnt seem to belive us, and threw fit after fit... by the time we got home my five year old was up to 7 and my three year old was at 4, each time they fited it up, i told them thats 1 spank thats another etc.. that incedent was the first time i ever spanked my kids more than twice in a row, (it hurt me more than them i think, i had to hide in the bathroom to compose myself before i talked to them about it) But it worked and since then it only gets as far as the warning maybe one spank, but they are much better in public now, i do feal a sence of pride knowing that they are pretty well behaved when were out and about, as compared to most kids,
hell my oldest after a while noticed how other kids acted and was blown away, "Awww there gona get in trouble"lol
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
jchutch2 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchutch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2008 at 4:10am
Ahh...society. I really think we should bring back the rule of thumb...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic