Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dan Brown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFallacy in Logic(in movie, at least)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fallacy in Logic(in movie, at least)
    Posted: November/16/2007 at 7:51pm
I didn't read the book, but recently saw the movie and want to ask if it is this way in the book. The CHurch is afraid that if Mary's body is found, DNA can prove there is a heir to Jesus...? That makes no sense. All that can prove is that Mary has decendants, it cannot prove that the bloodline is also that of Jesus without his DNA. Doesn't make sense to me.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 8:06pm
The book was full of fallacies that I wish more people would take time to think about. I've practically erased that book from memory, thankfully. I do remember that the main character kept telling this women how women were way smarter than men, yet he, a white male, told her this as if she were the dumbest thing on the planet.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 8:10pm
I was never much intersted in this story, only watched the movie because the hubby wanted to, but I thought it was dismal, poorly made and made no sense. Joel got tired of me yelling, "Unless she's still got some of Jesus up in her, they canNOT prove a direct bloodline to Jesus!"
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2007 at 4:20pm
In the book, the Grail contained not only the bones of Mary Magdalene, but a series of documents that testify to the bloodline.

I disliked the movie, but loved the book, which is loads of fun and a masterpiece of good plotting. I'm guessing FE would hate it, though.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2007 at 8:06pm
Just curious: what do you think I'd hate about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic