Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Harry Potter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFreakin' audiobook...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freakin' audiobook...
    Posted: November/15/2007 at 9:29am
So, I went to the library and checked out the audiobook so I could put it on my Ipod and listen to HP 3 while I'm in the car.

Anyway, I don't know what I was expecting...maybe I was expecting all the voices from the characters in the movies (which are the ones in my head when I'm reading). The guy reading the book is so freaking annoying!! I hate it when he reads Hermione's lines...he talks in this high-pitched snotty annoying voice...it's awful...if I had only listened to the audiobook and not seen any movies or read any of the books...I would hate Hermione's character because of the way this guy reads all her lines.

Anyway, I'm starting to think I'm going to have to stop listening...it's just ruining it for me. Such a disappointment.

Anybody else have any experience with audiobooks? Are they all like this with the reader "imitating" the characters when they read their lines?
Sponsored Links

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2007 at 11:52am
Audio books aren't my thing. Kauldron is in love with them though. Stop listening, your own mind is best.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2007 at 2:44pm
Word.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 2:56am
I'm not a big fan of audio books. One of the reasons is what you stated, sometimes the reader's voice being annoying, especially when they try to "do" the characters' voices. Plus my mind tends to wander sometimes when listening to audiobooks and I miss a bunch of stuff. There are a few writers I think do great readings on audio, Gaiman and King, but I can only handle them doing short stories honestly.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2007 at 7:52pm
Yeah...I'm in the final 100 pages of Prisoner of Azkaban...so I'm done with the audiobook for this one for sure...I can't have the audiobook ruining the best part!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic