Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIsaac Asimov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2008 at 4:04am
Agreed, he invented the term "Robotics" and all the way to his death, people "engineiers/computer nuts " corisponded with him to get ides...thats out there man.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
Sponsored Links

jchutch2 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jchutch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2008 at 4:11am
Well...when you have even the greats going to him for their ideas like Gene Rodenberry and Arthur C. Clark, you know you're the pinnacle.

I don't get passionate about many authors at all, but his stories are amazing. Ever heard of NightFall?
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 3:52pm
NIGHTFALL is a great short story, and you can get a free audio version of the book on a podcast called "Escape Pod"

After finishing HYPERION, I plan on reading the FOUNDATION trilogy.

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 3:54pm
Where is a good place to start with him anyways?
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2008 at 3:58pm
If you're talking novels, I'm guessing FOUNDATION is the best place to start. Or maybe CAVES OF STEEL.

In a survey, NIGHTFALL was voted the greatest sci-fi short story of all time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic