Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIsaac Asimov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackliota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2007 at 10:51pm
Great author. Sadly I have never read the I robot books, but the foundation series is fantastic. I always found myself rooting against the foundation though... I thought the mule was awesome!   
Sponsored Links

MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2007 at 4:55am
The robot books are pretty cool, detective storys in the far future, now thats tripy, and i agree, the Mule came out of left field and threw a ship size monkey wrench into the whole works, and you started to feal so bad for him even thow he was supose to be a bad dude,
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2007 at 5:56pm

Almost done with it, its pretty cool revisiting this universe, need to hunt down the rest of them so i can keep going. Im in a Science fiction mood now..:)
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
masha99 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2007 at 9:18am
I read a bunch of his robot stories a while ago that I really liked. I also read some novels, I think by Asimov, about a detective who goes to different planets and solves murders. Every planet has a different society, like some are really crowded and some are so sparsely populated that people never see each other. So he has to solve the mysteries and figure out the way the society operates as well. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I read those in translation, so I don't know what they were really called.
Maybe all you've got is what you get to... -- Brad Cotter
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2007 at 10:44am
Hell ya, the first was

then....

Thirdly...

Those are the first three detective robot books, way cool and then he crosses the robot & Foundation books in...

I loved all these books, so far ahead of there time, Asimov is one of a handful of authers i can re- read and not get board.    hope that helped you remember..lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic