Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPillars of the Earth: Part 6 - End (Spoilers)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pillars of the Earth: Part 6 - End (Spoilers)
    Posted: November/08/2007 at 8:06am
Finished it last night and that included re-reading the first couple chapters, took me week to read the 973 pages and I really wasn't pushing it, no all night marathons, it just reads very fast.
Good book, great characters. Follett tied everything everything up neatly and didn't leave anything open or unfinished. I'm happy it's not a series as I think it would take away from the book, I'd had enough of the story and characters by the end, I wasn't left wanting more.
I rate it a 8/10 not higher only because the characters acted and thought like they were from our time not the 1100's but by doing that I believe the reader could identify with them more.
Like GeneB said in another thread you'll love and hate all the characters at some point through the book but William was my favorite, gotta love those villains! I didn't like Tom from the very beginning and I don't feel he ever really redeemed himself for his actions with the baby Johnathan or Agnes and the reasons he got them all in that mess from the start.

"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
Sponsored Links

GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 8:45am
yes...as he started out as the *main* character he really became one of the least by the time he died. I was sad when he was killed because I wanted him to redeem himself...not to be. I'm game for the next book follett wrote about kingsbridge, tho.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2007 at 9:42am
I'll let you read it first and report back, lol!
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 11:56am
you don't think we can get it selected as a group greed read??????????////
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2007 at 1:27pm
Sure could, but it would probably be just you and me kid!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic