Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Harry Potter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoblet of Fire (Spoilers)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 3:07am
Originally posted by christophersnow christophersnow wrote:

How about that 'glint of triumph' that Harry sees in Dumbledore's eye? I was dying to know what that meant when I read that.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...very disconcerting and a good cliffhanger.

Dang, are they ever going to keep a DADA teacher?

I know...I'm thinking not...I'm pretty much expecting the one a year theme to continue through the end.

The Triwizard Tournament, I think, is what made this one a real fan favorite. It sets it apart from the rest of the books. Plus the Dark Lord rises again, that may also have some impact on that. But I still say that the 5th year at Hogwarts is the best year!

Yeah...I can't imagine how they just go back to business as usual at Hogwarts now that Voldemort is back...I can't wait to see!!
Currently reading: The Shack by William P. Young

Just Finished:Odd Hours
Sponsored Links

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 3:08am
I'm so glad you loved the book as much as I'd hoped you would, Einstein. I remember reading that book by the first time and being bowled over, just blown away. The first two were okay, I loved the third, but nothing prepared me for the greatness of book 4. When I finished, I knew that everything had changed in the world Rowling had created, and I was so eager to find out what happened next. That wait for the next book was rather excruciating, but it was worth it. Book 5 is just as good.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 3:19am
Originally posted by FinalExam FinalExam wrote:

When I finished, I knew that everything had changed in the world Rowling had created, and I was so eager to find out what happened next.

My feelings exactly.

I was literally kind of numb after the ending...because I just couldn't believe that Voldemort was back. I'm definitely emotionally invested in this series...I mean...of course I knew Voldemort would rise again because he's Harry's arch-enemy and there are 3 books left...but I just kind of put it out of my mind I guess...and when he did come back I felt just as shocked as the characters in the book, I think.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 3:22am
I had gotten used to the formula of Voldermort almost comes back, Harry thwarts it, that sort of thing. When he actually rose again, and the death of Cedric(which I thought Rowling made very emotionally moving despite his not being a very important character in the grander shceme of things), it just threw everything I knew up 'til that point out the window, in the very best way. I knew there were no rules anymore, and this wasn't a typical children's series.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Einsteingooddog View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einsteingooddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2008 at 5:48am
Yeah, I thought Cedric's death was sad, too. He was a nice guy...and I felt sorry for the Hufflepuffs because they never get any glory.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic