Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Other authors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRobin Hobb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 5:59pm
Royal Assassin spoilers...

Molly and Fitz just found out that they both love each other. Page 192/675. Chapter 10 is entitled Fool's Errand. I wonder if it gives a clue as to what the first TAWNY MAN book is about? Queen Kettricken keeps acting un-Queenly, and Fitz stopped her from confronting King-in-waiting Verity. GRRM says that the LIVESHIP TRADERS books are even better than the FARSEER books, how can you skip them!? Just because TAWNY MAN has Fitz? Plus Martin says that TAWNY MAN series is great, but the first 150 pages of the first book is excruciatingly slow. Topped GRRM, no way! Not even close. This first person perspective really limits what could be a book series that rivals GRRM, but since it does have first person it doesn't come close. Fitz also just had a fun time with Cub and started to bond with him, but is still trying to not do so because he thinks the Wit is bad. Great stuff, but a little slow so far.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

kauldron26 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kauldron26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 6:48pm
im actually afraid to read ur spoilers lol. i dont know if u've passed me or not.
Favorite Koontz: FTCOHE

Reading all works by:
James Clavell and James Michener

Check out My Library
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 6:51pm
Oops, ha, I spoiled up to chapter 10, entitled Fool's Errand. Page 192/675.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kauldron26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2007 at 7:25pm
o yea im really loving fitz and molly. good thing u told me how good liveship trilogy i literally just deleted it, but now i recovered it. lol. i guess i'll read it much later after tawny man as it has nothing to do with the main story. first person novels arent bad, if anything i actually like them alot because in a way u actually become the main character. like phedre from kushiel's legacy and odd from the odd books their stories are told much later in their lives. so in a way its like a journal or a biography. i find that very interesting. i dont know man, royal assassin has gripped me like no other fantasy outside of SOT. i am so immersed in their world, and i actually feel like i live in the court and rigal is watching my every move. lol

molly nosebleed!

Molly at court

the stunning Kettricken

Fitz at 18/19

fitz at his coolest

Reading all works by:

Check out My Library
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kauldron26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2007 at 9:13am
finished royal assassin. this farseer trilogy is a goddamn masterpiece. u hear me people?? a goddamn masterpiece. my only gripe with it is that its depressing as hell. my god its depressing. the good guys never win. but thats life.

Reading all works by:

Check out My Library
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic