Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Hockey
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL Hockey - who's going to win the cup?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2007 at 10:07am
Don't the teams who do best in pre-season do worst in regular season? Or is that just football? I haven't kept up with hockey in a long time. Sad to hear that about that Maple team. How can you not be a Toronto fan!?
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
Sponsored Links

Virgil View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virgil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2007 at 2:21am
It's easy...I grew up in Ottawa.

No, generally, teams that do well in pre-season do fairly well in the regular season. Plus, Ottawa was the ONLY undefeated team in the league during the pre-season.

Regular season opener is tomorrow night against none other than the Maple Laughs...oops, I mean Leafs.

I'll admit, there was a time when I was a Leafs fan, but that was before Ottawa got their team back. I cheered for Toronto and Montreal when I was a kid, but the second they announced that the Senators were coming back to town, I deserted my former favourites.

I don't see it as giving up on them...more like moving on to bigger and better things!

I love hockey...I live and breathe it during the winter. Probably because I'm Canadian, and it's part of our genetic make-up.
The mystery of evil is too deep to be illuminated by the light of reason
           - Dean Koontz
Virgil View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virgil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2007 at 3:40pm
Nice start for the Sens...although I'm not to happy with their current schedule. 3 games in 18 days.
The mystery of evil is too deep to be illuminated by the light of reason
           - Dean Koontz
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2007 at 10:03am
Boston Bruins. It's a good bet, since Boston will win a championship in each of the big three sports this year...lol :)
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic