Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Stephen King forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBag of Bones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bag of Bones
    Posted: September/24/2007 at 8:15pm
I'm going to do a re-read of this King novel next.

This is the last truly great novel he has written, in my opinion. But I read it over eight years ago, so let's see if it holds up today.

After this, I may read LISEY'S STORY, a novel only christophersnow seems to like.
Sponsored Links

SecretWindow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SecretWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 2:38am
Nope, it's not only Christopher Snow.lol. Add myself. I'm not going to be all thorough now about this book, because I've already done that too much on other forums and it gets tiring with all that typing.
I dislike Harold Bloom
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 6:12am
I only read a page and a half of it and put it down, so that wasn't really fair. I had a bunch of books out from the library that had to be read and taken back and by the time I got to the book I only had a day or 2 left to read it but the little I read was very average.

A page or so isn't enough to judge a book tho.
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 10:44am
I read all of Lisey's Story and think there was potential there for a really good short novel, but as usual these days, it bloated and had some fantasy elements that seemed unnecessary and a bad fit for the novel. A straight psychological thriller about half the length would have worked, this one was a meadering mess in my opinion.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 11:34am
I feel his new and old novels both could usually be cut in half, with the exceptions of the ones that I really like, such as Cell, Salem's Lot, and Misery.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic