Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnofficial Cincinnati Bengals team thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unofficial Cincinnati Bengals team thread
    Posted: September/12/2007 at 2:19pm
Anyone wanting to discuss anything about the Bengals I'm officially starting an unofficial thread.

I'll start by saying that the Bengals looked awful on the first night of the season, but they played a great defense with a great defensive coordinator. The Ravens are a very good football team and sometimes it doesn't have to be pretty as long as you end up with more points than the other team. Which is exactly what they did.

Carson looked good in the first half and Chad Johnson did a good job of getting open, the Ravens made some great adjustments in the second half and for the first time in a long time the defense stood up and give the offense a chance to do their thing. People can say what they want about how the Ravens beat themselves, I say that the turnovers were forced for the most part and the the phantom interception may very well have been just that but I don't see how anyone can truthfully say that they know for sure that he didn't catch that football.

The Bengals go to Cleveland this weekend, who just happened to trade away their starting quarterback. I don't know what is up with that but you'd think that they have some kind of plan.

I look forward to the Bengals being 2-0 on Sunday evening and 8 wins in a row in September in the last 3 seasons.
"The choice is Yours"--Velocity
Sponsored Links

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2007 at 2:38pm
Bengals are my favorite team outside my 'home' teams, which include Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, and San Fransisco 49ers. I don't know why I like them, I guess I choose them for their uniforms when I was a kid. Chad Johnson was on my fantasy team last year and really didn't do that well, sure hope he has a better year this year.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2007 at 3:11pm
I've had Chad Johnson a couple of times but he's too inconsistent. He'll have a game like he did a couple years ago in Denver where he had 150 yards and 2 TD's then turn around and have 3 catches for 20 yards the next game. I just don't think that it's that important that he get a lot of yards or TD's for the Bengals to do well, not with the other wideouts on the team. I mean when he isn't getting yards he's drawing off defenders and that's important too but I just don't think he has to put up big numbers for the Bengals to play well.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2007 at 3:15pm
Yes, that definitely makes sense. And I'm glad he's a great player who can handle that, unlike TO and some others. Or at least I think he is...I know he's done a few bad things or something, or maybe it wasn't bad and some stupid people made it out to be.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 4:03pm
Are you kidding me??? If I said that the Bengals were playing the Browns and Carson Palmer threw for 401 yards and 6 TD's and Chad Johnson had 209 and 2 TD's of that and the Bengals ending up scoring 45 points who'd have said that the Browns would score 51 for the victory. Absolutely pathetic. The Bengals need to stiffen up their defense badly, very badly.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic