Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Writer's Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrologue of My New Novel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 9:48am
No, this will actually be my first non-genre novel. I write mostly horror and fantasy, and the two novels I've completed have been horror and sci-fi repsectively, but I do on occassion break out of the genres. This is an idea I've had for a while that I've just really wanted to explore. No horror, just about friendship, male affection, and that sort of thing. Sounds boring when I say it that way. lol
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 10:06am
The idea does sound boring. I think some of the best books I've ever read though are the ones that are boring in a sense, but are wielded by the writer with such freshness and clarity that the boringness of the book is actually a good thing. Sounds kinda asinine, but that's how I feel.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 3:52pm
I guess the question is can I make human emotion and friendship interesting without zombies and vampires and such...let's hope so.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 7:17am
I started on the first chapter last night. It went fairly slowly at the beginning, but I sort of got into a groove. I'll work on it some more tonight.
sumfamousperson View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumfamousperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2007 at 11:50am
Nice!

I wouldn't mind having a copy of anything else you've written. Have a spare copy? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic