Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Writer's Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPrologue of My New Novel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2007 at 4:19pm
I could always email you something. I've written hundreds of short stories and two completed novels(although one is quite short).
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

sumfamousperson View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumfamousperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2007 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by FinalExam FinalExam wrote:

I could always email you something. I've written hundreds of short stories and two completed novels(although one is quite short).

Sure! I'd be glad to read anything you've got.

sumfamousperson17@yahoo.com
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2007 at 5:54am
Give me a little bit to get my short novel together, and I'll send it to you sometime after Monday.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Blazingice0608 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingice0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2008 at 1:04pm
Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to this novel? lol. I just started coming on this part of the forum, reading peopls work, im not sure why i never did before, there is some interesting stuff here.

I definitly agree with the others though, i thought the prologue was very intriguing, i like books that are non-genre like this. Because i was so interested, i noticed this was almost a year ago, so i am wondering if its something you ended up scraping or putting off or if you finished it, still in the works, etc. If you do ever finish it, i would definitly love to read it one day, you definitly have a great talent for dialogue. I have always been interested in trying to write stories, and its the dialogue that always gets me, i just dont have the knack for it i guess.

Also, i think you may still have my email, if not PM or something, but i would be interested in checking out some of your short stories as well. I have a lot to read these days novel wise, but i go on the computer a good amount and i could see myself reading them while im on here, especially since they are short stories and can be read in short periods of time. Just let me know.
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2008 at 2:14am
The fact of the matter is that I...well, I didn't abandon this story, but I did have to set it aside and rethink it. I had to face the truth, which was that I didn't have enough with this story for a novel. I could have tried to pad it, but when you to expand something that isn't novel length to novel length, that always shows. I think what I have here is a novella, which I will finish one day, but it won't be a novel. It did teach me to plan ahead more thoroughly. I have an idea that I think might be a novel, but I will outline and see just how much I really have.

If you want to read some of my work you can go to www.inclinations-hf.com and look up "Mark Allan Gunnells" in their archives, they have a lot of my stuff. Also go to www.mytholog.com, go to "Current Issue" and look up my story and ti gives you a link to me in their archives. These aren't necessarily my best works, but the most readily accessible. Plus I have posted some on this board here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic